January was a busy month! I didn’t get to do as much work as I had hoped, but still got a lot done!
- Block of the Month Quilts- I have the first month block done for all three sets. Next Monday I start month 2!
- The Baby Quilt- I had hoped to be done with this quilt by now, but my Sundays have been so crazy that I haven’t been able to work on it. I need to sew one more strip to the 2nd block then the bare bones will be complete. Once the two large blocks are done, I will cut smaller strips to create the quilt top. I have to have this quilt done by the end of February since the baby it is a gift for is on the way!
- Cat Quilt- Thisclose to being done. I need to finish the borders and assemble the whole thing. I’m hoping to be finished with it this weekend.
- Storybook Quilt- I barely got to work on this project all month! I spent some time today and have all but one row of the panels done. I am hoping to finish all the panels on Saturday.
- Anchor Quilt- This is my most frustrating project due to the person who cut the pieces. So many of the pieces are so poorly cut that I am having to do more work than the pattern requires. I was also very frustrated to be almost done with a block only to find a missing piece. Grrr. I have 3 blocks assembled, but they need to be trimmed. This quilt was originally titled “Funtime Quilt” it is anything but a fun time.
- 1930’s Flower Garden- Slow and steady is the key to this project. I have about 22 finished flowers and 5 more in progress. I really need to get a queen sized flannel sheet so that I can begin to pin the completed flowers to the sheet. That way I can see the layout and how many more flowers need to be done. In a few weeks, I will get to use the AccuQuilt Go Baby! for the first time. I will need to cut the white calico for the flower paths and will be using the machine to do so. I’m excited to finally get to use it!
- Learn to Quilt- January- The top is done. I need to sandwich it and do the binding. I’ve put it off since I have never done a quilt binding. I’ve always done the inside out method. It is important to me to learn how to bind a quilt and I want to find someone who can teach me. I went to a seamstress last weekend for my dress fitting and she is a quilter. I’m going to call her up and ask her for a lesson.
- Kitchen Herb Cross-Stitch- This is my bedtime project. I usually work on it in bed while watching TV. I have one of the herbs completed and am 60% done with herb #2. This project should be done in a few months.