March was a busy month for me, but also a very successful one in terms of quilting! I finished two projects- The Baby Quilt and The Cat Quilt; started a new project- The Cherry Quilt; and costumed a show- The Totally Awesome, Totally 80’s Megillah. Here’s the status of my other projects:
- The Storybook Quilt- The quilt top is done and the backing has been cut. I just need to sew up the seam for the backing and cut down the quilt sandwich. I probably will not finish this before the wedding craziness descends, but I hope to have it done by the end of the month.
- The “Other” Hexagon Quilt- I am now calling this The Flower Quilt- I haven’t made any progress on this quilt due to the focus on the chuppah. I hope to have a full set of 10 flowers done by the end of April
- Block of The Month Quilts- I have at least two blocks done for each quilt. The Arbor Lane Quilt has three done. I have decided that until I hone my applique skills, that I simply don’t want to do it on a quilt that is going to get a lot of use. The Tulip Twist Quilt has a 50-50 split between patchwork and applique, so I am just going to double up the patchwork and add fabric to the outside of the block to make the size match. The Meadows in Bloom Quilt has a strip down the middle that uses applique, I am still figuring out how to re-work it.
- The Herb Sampler Cross Stitch- I have finished 2 herbs and am almost done with the 3rd. I am planning on taking it with me to Post Ranch after the wedding to work on there.
- Disappearing Nine-Patch Quilt- This is another neglected quilt that is sadly sitting in my sewing basket. I have several days off during Pesach and plan to put them to good use working on this project.
- The 1930’s Hexagon Quilt- I pieced the first column of flowers and started to attach the second. It was looking off, so I need to take it apart and am going to do each column separately. There will be a wider row of white in between the flowers, but at least it won’t be off!
- The Chuppah– It is nearly done. I need to sew around two more edges and add the ties. The goal is to finish it today!
- The Cherry Quilt- I just started this project last week, and have 15 blocks done. I love this pattern because it is very simple, but looks very elegant.
As you can tell, there are a lot of projects happening and I am going to be adding more!