I started sewing my chuppah tonight. I have to use my break time at work to work on this since I don’t have enough floor space at my house to lay it out. That and I don’t need Desmond’s “love” to be sewn into this project.
I’ve added in some cream fabric to the already purchased green and am using that as the base of the chuppah. The green is going to border the cream and the lace will be the edging. I was able to cut the main part of the cream fabric and put the green on the short ends. I got one end all sewn and hope to have the second one done tomorrow!
The maintenance team at work is helping me with the wooden structure of the chuppah and will be figuring out the best way to attach the fabric to the top of the frame. I’m hoping to have photos in a couple of weeks!