Adventures in Honeymooning- Part 1

The weeks leading up to my honeymoon were crazy.  I mean truly crazy.  Both my jobs had programs with fast deadlines, we were planning the Synagogue wedding party and trying to get ready to leave for a 10 day trip.  Needless to day, when things were super crazy, I spent time fantasizing about days spent on the beach just listening to the waves and feeling the breeze off the ocean.  I had each outfit planned for dinner, and was packed two weeks before leaving.  This was a trip that I needed.  What you are about to read is what has actually happened on my honeymoon.  Those of you who know me personally will understand that this is really just par for the course in my life.  For those of you who don’t know me personally, I have had more than one person ask me “why does all the weird s–t happen to you?”  It’s true.  I am a weird s–t magnet.  Let’s take you to day one:

June 14th, 3:45am.  We are up after a very short night of sleep (or lack thereof) at the SFO Travelodge.  We sleepily get ready and make our way to the airport on the shuttle.  All is well and we arrive in LAX a little early.  The only bummer- since we are switching airlines, we have to go through security again.  Sigh.  Once we are finally on our plane to Mexico, we begin to get excited.  This is what we have been waiting for, our first real vacation in almost 3 years.

We get to Mexico, breeze through immigration and are on our way to the condo.  That’s when the fun starts.  We get to the Residencias Villa Del Sol (if you click through, the 3 bedroom condo featured is ours), and the office has no idea that we were coming.  They get Isabel (the woman in charge of the office) on the phone.  She tells me that my dad never told her we were coming (not true) but that they can make the place ready for us.  At least the condo wasn’t already rented!

We got settled in and made our way down the beach to my favorite La Ropa restaurant- La Perla.  We had a lovely dinner and shot of mezcal to finish off the night.  So far so good.

Wednesday, June 15th- The day started off well with a lovely breakfast at The Tides Hotel (the Residencias are connected to the hotel, so we can use all of their facilities, including the private beach) and a trip to town to get some food for the condo.  Finally, we hit the beach for lunch.  After lunch, I went back to the condo for a shower and nap, then got up to get ready for dinner.  While we were figuring out what to do for dinner, I started to not feel well.  I won’t gross you out, so I will just say that it soon became evident that I was not well.  At first we thought it may have been the fountain soda that I had in town.  The water may not have been filtered and that could have made me sick.  I made my way to bed to hopefully sleep off whatever had happened to my body.

Thursday, June 16th- When Jamie woke up, he told me that he had gotten sick shortly after I went to bed.  Now we knew it wasn’t the soda.  We started to think about what we had eaten and realized that it was lunch that had done us in.  Jamie had part of my sandwich and that was the culprit.  It’s hard to believe that a luxury hotel would serve bad mayo, but that’s what happened folks!  We spent the day in bed, really sick.  Sigh.

Friday, June 17th- Jamie was better on Friday, but I was still pretty much laid out.  I still had the lingering sickness paired with nausea from acid reflux (couldn’t take the meds) and from the anti-biotic I took.  I did manage to eat two small cups of rice and felt somewhat human by the end of the day.  Still, not a fun way to spend your honeymoon!

Part 2 will continue the saga


About 12months12quilts

I am an educator and sewing teacher, crafting away in The Bay Area, CA.
This entry was posted in Totally Off-Topic. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s